Saturday, December 12, 2009

Trying To Get Through To You

CBC Studios Toronto - Studio 212 December 28th, 2008

Talk about a challenging song, being open to the idea but ultimately having been concerned over the track I felt that this song was the most unique in it's experience. But much like a child you can't just throw it away when it fights back. I was putting together the album "The Life That's Chosen Me" and this was one of those tracks that just showed up for the gig.

Victor Crowl and Michael Moon, friends of mine from Toronto had simply presented a demo to me that really was from they're heart. Michael (afflicted with autism) had never collaborated with anyone musically he just was working at his own speed and interests and this really took him away from his comfort level but with Victor being an open minded learner and learning daily more and more about Autism it was a very interesting collaboration.

I liked the fact that the song had a real feel through the lyrics but the melody was "unique" to say the least. I asked for them to recut it with a few changes lyrically as that it was a bit angry towards Teachers (which I understand why through my older son Kyle is a reality in his Autistic world). I loved the simple view of the world and didn't change anything after that first verse ending.

Cheryl, my Wife never let me drop the song.. even on the brink of frustration and thus I flew to Toronto to help with some of the production in Dec 2008. This would prove to be one of the toughest assignments around (but I'll explain that on another overview of the song's history).

Randy Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment